Mums Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Mum’s Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup has got to be one of my all time faves on a rainy day like today. When I recreate my mums recipes it doesn't feel like she's on the other side of the country anymore. Soups are a soul - warming easy meal varying with anything you have in the pantry. I don’t see any appeal in buying canned pre-made things like this. Go to the markets, buy some amazing produce, know whats in your food and create!
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 1 piece of jap pumpkin
- 2 sweet potato’s
- 2 regular potato’s
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 leek
- 1 green apple1 veggie stock cube (or any stock you have)
- Peel the veggies and cut into equal size pieces. On a lined baking tray toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper
- Roast the veggies on 180degrees until slightly golden brown, the leek and apple will go caramelised and be the sweetness in the soup
- Add the roasted veggies into a pot with the stock and 5 cups of water and bring to the boil
- take off the heat and allow to cool slightly before pulsing in the blender or pulsing with a stick mixer.