Raw cherry ripe bites
I’ve never really been a fan of Cherry Ripes… not sure if thats because they taste like plastic/processed cherries or what. But I do love real cherries and their in season so I have adapted my own recipe so you can taste the real flavour of the cherries and coconut nestled inside the raw chocolate or your favourite dark chocolate.
- for the filling:
- • 250g cherries
- • 1 cup desiccated coconut
- • 1/3 cup agave or maple syrup
- • ½ cup coconut oil
- • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- for the raw chocolate:
- • See my Raw Chocolate recipe below in my earlier recipes
- • or 200g good quality dark chocolate
1. Add the pitted cherries and the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate into a food processor or blender and pulse until combined but still keeping some of the rough texture in it. Keep the cherry stalks aside for decoration
2. Spoon the mixture into an ice cube tray and leave in the freezer to set for at least 1 hour.
3. Make the raw chocolate or carefully melt the dark chocolate, remove the cherry mixture from the freezer and ice cube tray and begin to dip them into the melted chocolate then sit them on some baking paper
4. The chocolate will set quickly on them as they are still frozen so add the cherry stalks on straight away if you want them on there, then store in an airtight container in the fridge or enjoy straight away!