Rainbow Rice Paper Rolls
The options are pretty much endless when it comes to rice paper rolls, they can be packed with what ever veggies and protein of choice!
Ingredients makes 4 large rice paper rolls
- 200g organic firm tofu
- 2 carrots (orange or purple)
- small bunch coriander
- small bunch mint
- 100g rice noodles
- 1 head of butter lettuce - optional
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- edamame beans - optional side
- marinate the tofu in the oil, seeds, maple, tamari & chilli for around an hour, then fry off and set aside
- cook the rice noodles in boiling water then allow to cool and add in the chopped herbs
- shred & slice the veggies
- for the rice paper - get a clean tea towl or chux cloth and lay it on the bench with a bowl of warm water next to it, a lot of people make the mistake of leaving the rice paper sheet in the water for too long until it breaks apart but all you need to do is place it in the water for a couple of seconds then lay it on your damp cloth which will help it to soften and not stick to the surface.
- in no particular order add in your filling then roll & enjoy with a sauce that you like, I just had tamari!