Smoothie Bowls are one of my favourite health food trends going around, they are so tasty and easy to make and generally topped with granola/fresh fruit/superfoods!
I don't have an exact recipe that I go by but my tips would be...
- use minimal liquid when blending it to make sure its as thick as possible
- usually I just use water but some great liquids to blend with are almond milk, coconut milk, coconut water & oat milk
- use frozen fruit only - mango + banana are great to smoothen out the mixture
- cacao, cinnamon, vanilla, essential oils are all great ways to pack flavour in
- make sure your banana's are spotty and ripe before freezing (best for taste & digestion)
- if you can justify buying a high speed blender with the mixing stick in it these are awesome to achieve the ice cream texture, if not then using a food processor or just adding some extra liquid into your blender should do the trick.